Sunday, May 6, 2012

One Year Ago Today-- May 6th

Exactly one year ago today...

Was our last day in Scotland.

It was therefore, for me, slightly bittersweet.

It was also kind of depressing. **Sigh**

I was surprised at how much we managed to cram into the trip. We went almost all over Scotland.


First off, we went to the Edinburgh Dungeons. They were weird. I quite liked them. But it's very hard to describe, so....I won't. I just give you the linky . =) Yeah......Weird.



And then we went to the Royal Yacht Britannia. It was ginormous!





Check out that table.

I wouldn't do well at it.

I hate formal meals.










It even had a bar. That drink was completely fake. Like plastic fake. This picture was completely accidental, he was just goofing around. **Grins**




We took turns writing in the guest book, 'cept no one took a picture of me writing in it, so I put Mahri up instead.



The engines were sooooo shiny! Woot, woot!




And we enjoyed the gift shop. :)









And then we climbed the 246 stairs of the Wallace Monument.


Seeing this, seemingly unendingly, was daunting.





I quite like William Wallace. I don't think Braveheart did him justice.... (It was edited. I liked Steven the Irishman, he was funny.)





I found this view....














to be most awe-inspiring. Look how high we were!






             That was because we climbed 246 steps. It was cool.

I did not want the day to end. We dragged it out as long as possible. It does sort of make me sad to remember...and not be there. **Virtual hugs, pepes!** sniffle.


1 comment:

  1. *sigh* yeah. The last day was awesome and sad. Thanks for doing this, Treski. It was super fun.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.