Friday, June 1, 2012

Picture Friday-- Iron Man

Tony Stark, "Iron Man. That's kind of catchy. It's got a nice ring to it. I mean, it's not technically accurate. the suit is a gold titanium alloy, but it's kind of provocative; the imagery anyway." (from Iron Man)




In case you people haven't noticed, I've sort of been on an Avengers high recently. So yesterday I was cleaning my room, listening to the Iron Man soundtrack... and I decided to draw him.



    (If you can't read it, the writing above his head says, "A wise man once said, "Is it better to be feared or respected?" And I say, is it too much to ask for both?")

    I began by drawing all the basic shapes of it, the egg-shaped helmet, his torso was teardrop shaped, his shoulder a very large circle... And I tried to make it as accurate as possible. And proportioned correctly.


     It wasn't until I started doing trying to get Iron Man suit aspects of it that I wondered if this was that great of an idea. I mean, can you see all the crevices? And different angles? And the nuts and bolts? Eeesh. It's hard.

 
   About an hour into it, this was how my sketch looked:


   Yeah, I thought it looked pretty okay.


    I outlined it in black pen...



And then I started shading. (In pencil, so I could erase if I messed up.) This also took about an hour.









Finally I started the coloring in process. I had to combine orange, grey, and purple to the the suit color. It took a while. But I think it turned out awesomely.

Just sayin'.



As usual, if you click on the picture, it will open up bigger in a different screen. =)

What do you think? Pretty good? Fairly accurate? AWESOME? lol.. Be honest.

God bless, people!

~~Treskie




3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    I want to see the Avegers when it comes out on Dvd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) You should, it's a seriously awesome movie.

      Delete
  2. That's pretty Epic, Treski!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.