Monday, July 23, 2012

On rainy days, pictures, and the difficulty of drawing eyeglasses.

    It's been one of those days where I feel immensely creative and the need to be busy. I want to draw! I want to write! I want to clean the entire house! I want to want to make a dollhouse out of a cardboard box! (Actually that's a good idea. Remind me to do a tutorial on one of those next month.) I want to make little fairy dolls for the cardboard doll house! I want to bake cookies! I want to get a care package together for someone I miss very much! I want to make little clay things! And I......... I....... I can't.

    I have very pressing obligations which must get done before I can do anything recreational. (I am taking a break from those very pressing obligations at this very moment. Shame on me.)

But I still feel the urge to create.

Rainy days tend to bring that out in me.

It's the first rainy day of the summer.

    I don't know about you, but where I live our pollen season starts later than everywhere else. It lasts longer too, because we never get rain. We get a lot of snow (a lot of snow), but it hardly ever rains. And you need rain to make pollen go away.



                 Let's just say I think our pollen season is finally over. :)

   And now, Cait, over at Notebook Sisters very kindly gave me permission to copy this from her blog.


Thank you! :)


   I finished the picture last night, and I'm rather happy/unhappy with the finished product.

   It didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to, but I really like it by itself.


Now, before you say, "That doesn't look anything like her/me!" please note that I was really just trying to get the pose she was in.

Also, as a side note, glasses are really, really hard to draw! I must work on that, they are super difficult to get right.

But thanks again to Cait. It was very nice of her to let me use her picture as a model.


SQUEEEEEE! I have fifteen followers! Thank you all for joining, it gives me such a thrill when I see a new person. I'm considering a giveaway for if and when I make it to twenty... but I have no idea what I would, you know, give away. So..... suggestions?

    And now I go back to my pressing obligations....
    Who knows? Maybe my creative juices will continue to flow until I can start utilizing them.

                   God bless!

                            Treskie


7 comments:

  1. Ooooh!! I love it. You're an AMAZING drawer! Seriously. Wow. And I totally think that looks like me. :) So maybe...just thinking...could I put that up on our blog too?! :) We'd link it back to yours of course. That'd be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squee! Yeah you can defo put it on your blog. :)It would be awesome!

      (And I am so relieved that you liked it, you have no idea. lol.) =)

      Delete
  2. Your home sounds so much like mine I am wondering if you live near me. Lots of snow. Yep. Only we get lots of cold too that lasts a long time.

    REALLY nice picture!Great job! I think the glasses look dandy!

    I hope you had a chance to get to all your fun creative things. I can't wait to do things like that again 8-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it probably is.... We only get about three months of warm weather per year. If it's a good year... I know that we have been known to get snow in every month of the year. (That hasn't happened recently, but we did get snow in late June last year.)When it gets into the 80's it is HOT! X-) I will even go so far as to say that I'm in the Sierra mountains. :)

      Awww thanks for the comment. Awfully nice of you to say so.

      God bless!

      Delete
  3. Good job! I love to draw. I know what you mean about it being HARD. It is. Very. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about Monk ism. I think I had it before I started watching though. He'd do something and everyone would say how weird it was and I'd just smirk because I do it too. And I'd be thinking, "Other people really do it?" Not that he's real, but yeah..

    I'm really going to have to give Shawn another chance. Everyone loves that show. Oh! We watched the one, Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark! I LOVED that one! It was sooo funny! (I think it is the one. Where he is shot and kidnapped, right? And then he has to jump on someone's car and no one will let him.)

    I think you would like Doctor Who. It is a fun show. The Decoy Bride was rather boring...rather, it could be. But David Tennant saved it, he's cool like that.

    I agree with you on Tintin 8-D

    YES! I agree! The romance in Wives and Daughters...it was just missing something. Rodger needed to hang out with Thornton, get some ideas from him. (I don't even think Rodger proposed in the end. I got a bit lost there, but it sounded like all he did was stand there and let Molly say how much she loved him...or did she talk? Maybe they just looked at each other...anyhow.)

    I agree with you too on the Scarlet Pimpernel. I love Sir Percy.

    Ah cool! I want to learn the Pellet with the Poison! That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.