Thursday, August 21, 2014

Involving gifs, apologies, and lameness.

MY PEOPLE!


HI!


How are you all?! I've been a horrible blogger.... can I hear an AMEN?

I am sorry.

I have had an attack of the busies, which consequently has resulted in a case of the lazies, and a lack of the energies.

In other words, I've have been a couch potato, who sits there and eats her troubles away.


(LIES. Eating does not make the troubles go away. It temporarily relieves stress, but leaves you feeling sad and fat.)


But anyway. Yeah. I need to figure out how to work blogging into this new adult life that I'm taking a really long time to adjust to.

On an upside, I've got drawings to share on this coming Picture Saturday, my uncle is coming out to visit this weekend, and I've been able to hang out at the car repair shop! (That's really fun for me, because I used to babysit for our mechanic, and he's like my adopted uncle, and he's just fun to be around.)

So now, we can have an update on my life. (HA! What life?!)

1.) Because I now am in possession of money, I have come to the conclusion that I have a slight fetish with Starbucks and other coffee shops. Seriously, they're the bomb.

2.) I also have a harder time not buying stuff... especially when I'm in the art section of Michaels or something. I drool over drawing books, and Prisma Color Pencils. I caress the sketch books, and stroke kneaded eraser packages. CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW AMAZING CRAFT STORES SMELL!? They smell like happiness and creativity.


3.) I watched God's Not Dead recently.


Hee. Yeah, okay.... I kind of loved it a lot.
I mean, sure... I wish they had focused more on the two main characters having their discussions. As it was I felt like they forced too many stories into the same movie and it would have been more epic if we had dealt with The Antagonistic Atheist Professor VS. The Cute Christian Student, and less of the All The People Suddenly Converting.

But I really loved the:

               "God is good."
                        "All the time."
                                     "And all the time?"
                                               "God is Good."

thing that two of the characters kept saying back and forth to each other.

 
4.) God's Not Dead really put me in the mood to watch Fireproof again.

Men, take heed.

5.) I may or may not have bought myself the first series of Doctor Who. Because I am a geek, and it was like $15 dollars at Walmart.

note my Doctor Who shirt that I was actually wearing
 
when I bought the series. Can we say NERD? 

6.) I came this close to buying the first season of Supernatural at said Walmart. But it was slightly out of my price range. I'm hinting for Christmas. Hint. Hint.

7.) It's starting to feel like Autumn here. It makes me very sad. Very sad indeed, that summer is almost over. I love going barefoot and not being freezing. (My winter clothes are really cute though, so I am looking forward to lugging those out of the closet.)

8.) I made this at work.


9.) Guess who gets to wash buckets....


10.) We watched the first season of Crossing Lines. 


And oh... It's one of my favorite shows. It's about a team of people who take on crimes that are committed in more than one country, and.... hot diggety dawg, it's good! I'll need to review what I've seen of it soon. (season two is either airing or just aired, and we can't find it anywhere.)

But yeah... Tommy? Tommy is aaawwesome.


And Irish. 


Heeeeeeeeeee. He makes me.... very happy.


Seriously, the guy is adorable. 
darn my feminine hormones!  
 
Ehem.

Basically I just wanted to pop in and say hallo, and remind you all that I'm not dead. (I'm not dead, in case you were wondering.)


I need to post more often.

I plan too!


I love you all.

Cheers!

---Treskie---


25 comments:

  1. You really need to stop recommending TV shows because I have a list that is not even going to be half done by the time I die, honey.

    Oh, and that second-to-last GIF. Because I'm watching Supernatural and I am more than slightly obsessed with Dean at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heee. I know. But I can't help it. I do the whole, "OMYGOSH THIS IS THE BEST, HERE WATCH IT." and I gush rainbows about it. lol.

      And oooh yeah. That's my Dean gif. Dean is my favorite, even more than Tommy, which is saying something. You no can haz. XD

      Delete
  2. Well, you're blogging better than I am. I haven't had a good post in....ages. Like this Spring was the last time I wrote one that I actually liked. *headdesk* Anyway. Hi. How's life. I shouldn't ask that cause I just read your post saying how life is. Oh well.

    Hi. Oh yes and I WORK AT MICHAELS!!!!!!!!!! And I get a 30% discount. *fist bump* It's lovely. But yeah. That store is cool. We all wear headsets and it makes me feel like an undercover agent. Which is just wonderful.

    And I'd say more but...I don't know what to say. I'm glad you're not dead. That would be sad.

    Ta-Ta!!
    ~ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because your blog has gotten left on the wayside. .... rude of you. lol.

      Hi. Life needs work. You?

      I KNOW YOU WORK AT MICHAELS HOW COOL IS THAT. Headsets are nice. And spy like. I want one.

      That would be sad.... People would miss me so much. *sniff* lol!

      cheers!

      Delete
  3. TRESKIE IS BACK! *dances* Hai hai hai hai haiiiiii.

    And what is it about having a job that makes you spend more? I totally do that too. Oh wait, it must be the fact that we actually have money. XD And then you look at your bank account and go, "WHEAH IS ALL MAH MONEH???" and you realize that you spent it all on ice cream and Italian sodas and things that were instant gratification but were not lasting. WHAT IS LIFE.

    Anyway. You should post more often. Because your posts always make my day.

    Bai for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HANNNAAAAAAAAAH. HAAAIIII.

      lol. I'm trying to be better about it now, because I want to... do stuff and get out, so I'm thinking saving more than I do is probably a good thing. I mean, I don't spend my entire paycheck, just... some. XD lol. LIFE IS HARD!!!!!!!

      I should post more often. People miss me. lol. I'm trying. I just need to work on it. lol. And thanks, I'm glad I make people's days.

      Bai.

      Delete
  4. STAHP RECOMMENDING NEW SHOWS. I AM SO BEHIND AND I'LL NEVER EVER CATCH UP. *add this to to-watch list because heeeeeck yeah to people doing and solving crimes and stuff* What can I say? It's excited. I started analysing the news last night, since there was an arsonist setting fire to a neighbourhood and I was complaining to Mime that the reporters didn't tell you enough. Like if it's just ONE neighbourhood or several? If it's a bad neighbourhood. How far apart the fires were lit and if there's a pattern in houses....and she just rolled her eyes and said, "Settle down Shawn." *frownie face* I'M JUST....JUST....okay, going now.

    Also: coffee shops rock. They are the perfect thing in the whole wide world, particularly with the delicious drinks and you don't even have to wash your mug. I mean, can we say awesomeness???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAN'T SORRY. MUST SHARE ALLLLL THE AWESOMENESS. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. Seriously though, crossing lines is such much fun. LOL. hehehehe. THEY DON"T tell you enough. They never say anything important, and that's annoying. *scowls.* Heeee. you aren't Shawn. You're more like... ...... Shawn 2.0 who you haven't gotten to yet. XD lol.

      They really do! I MEAN THEY MAKE YOUR COFFEE FOR YOU AND IT'S ALWAYS DELICIOUS. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Hello :)! God's Not Dead is really good. I watched it in theaters twice. And Fireproof is awesome. Love Kirk Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai!

      No, I think God's Not Dead was AWESOME. Seriously, I'm gonna buy it eventually, because I really, really liked it. I just think it could have been a little.. *tighter*

      FIREPROOF! HAve you seen the "Fireproof in sixty seconds" that they did as a special feature? That's funny.

      Delete
  6. HIIII!!!

    Yayyyyyyy you are back!!! I just watched God's Not Dead last night and I LOOOOOOVE that movie! Its so amazing! I want to use that quote that the Pastors kept saying,The God is good all the time and all the time God is good one! So Perfect! I just went and watched the Fireproof in 60 seconds thing and its so great! That is an awesome movie! Have you seen all of the movies by them?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

      lol! Yeah, I know! I really liked it too. XD I'm the only one in my family who's seen it, so no one will quote the "God is good" thing with me, and it makes me very sad.

      Fireproof in 60 seconds is hilarious. lol.

      I haven't seen all their movies. How many are there?

      Delete
  7. Woah, HELLO! I thought you died! Or got kidnapped. Or ran away with the Doctor, in which case I would be forced to forgive you. Err.... I MISSED YOU AND YOUR LOVELY POSTINGS OF HAPPINESS!!

    Aak, a new show?! A new *crime* show?!?! You're killing me, you really are.

    Hehe, Fireproof is goooood. Actually, all of their movies are! Have you seen Courageous? It's hilarious.

    HAVE YOU SEEN THE SEASON 8 DW PREMIERE?! PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE, SO WE CAN FANGIRL TOGETHER OVER CAPALDI AND CLARA AND EYEBROWS AND SCOTTISH SASS AND WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY STUFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAII. lol.I did run away.. But with the Doctor? Not so much. LOL.

      GO WATCH IT. but Be careful, the first episode, has a lady changing at the very beginning.

      It is good. Me loves. XD I haven't seen Courageous! I WANT TO BECAUSE COPS, but.... yeah. I haven't yet.

      I HAVEN'T. I MISSED IT. IT WAS A BAD DAY AND I FORGOT AND MISSED IT, AND I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO WATCH IT AND I AM SAD, SO NO SPOILERS, BECAUSE I'M REALLY UPSET THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET.

      Delete
  8. Aww they need to watch it! Lo um.... Facing the Giants!! , Couraeous( be ready to cry, a lot),Fireproof and fly wheel. I like facing the giants the best then fireproof and then courageous and then fly wheel. Fly wheel is their first one so its kind of rough lol. You should watch them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gonna. lol.

      OOH FACING THE GIANTS! that's a football movie, right? Hehee. I'll look up fly wheel. XD

      Delete
  9. This post made me laugh :') Specifically, the Gru picture :') :')

    UGH TRESKIE I WANT TO SPEND ALL MY MONEY IN ART SHOPS ALL THE PRISMA PENCILS ALL. OF. THEM!!!!! I feel you. Really I do.

    Anyway, BYE FOR NOW GLAD YOU'RE NOT DEAD!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like making people laugh. Is Funnnnn. I KNOW THAT GRU PICTURE IS SO PERFECT.

      You and me both! IT IS SO ADDICTING TO SMELL THE COLORED PENCILS.

      I'M NOT DEAD, I'M SURELY ALIVE!!!!!! looooool.

      Delete
  10. Hmmm I'm not sure if my comment posted or not, Blogger's being funny, but if it didn't then, to paraphrase: I love Gru. I love craft shops. I'm glad you're not dead. :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yess! It is! Did u see courageous?:)

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.