Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Festivities

You wanna know how we celebrate Halloween?

Fabulously. 

Hahaha. No. I mean, maybe.

I know that Halloween is a controversial subject.... which is sad. But when I say we celebrate Halloween, I don't mean that we get all into dead things and celebrate the devil's birthday, I mean we eat candy and dress up and have a great good time.

I don't even know why people think it's the devil's birthday. Like... hallow means holy. Last I checked, Satan wasn't. So Halloween is us celebrating the holy souls, not devil worshiping.

Got that? Okay!

First of all, I have the best brother ever. He's awesome. And he bought like a ton of pumpkins.


 (This day actually kind of sucked, but it got better with pumpkins.... why did I tell you that? Because I don't want you guys to think my life is idyllic. It's not. Heh.)

Chloe and Sam
After we gave the pumpkins a lobotomy and removed their brains and innards, we took the party inside and carved them into various versions of Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas. (A movie I only just watched... after we carved the pumpkins. It was.... odd. I liked it. But like... weird!)

The girls.
Cinta

Chloe and Sam were sooooo happy. 


 

Sammi the Friend came over and was awesome as per usual. We had a good time taking pictures. We do that. 

Me, Sam, and Sammi

Bella and I took a selfie. Because she's weird. And I'm weird. And we really weird together.


Tiny was proud of her pumpkin. 
I don't think pumpkins like being carved. 


Amy and Cinta carved a complex and toothy Jack the Pumpkin King and were very proud of his teeth.



And this is a terrible picture, but I like it, so I'm posting it, because I do what I want.



Angela the Cousin came up for the weekend, which was fabulous. It's been ages and I missed  her!





Amy and Angela in a nutshell

And then we went over to help the little girls get dressed up. (Because we don't care enough to prepare costumes until like.... the day OF Halloween.)


Chloe and Sam were Toothless and Hiccup. And it was adorable.

Bella was Bucky

And we went Trick or Treating, and whacked a pinata, and watched The Halloween that Almost Wasn't. 

Since Angela was still here, we went down to Reno on Saturday, and we brought Sammi the Friend.

This entailed car selfies.


After that there was dinner, and brownies and cappuccinos. And we watched Rise of the Guardians and The Wedding Planner. Both are adorable movies. It was funnnn.

Yet another bad pic that I needed to post.
Because it's also adorable.

It ended up being a nice sort of week.


Cheers!




7 comments:

  1. AAAAH!!! It's such a lovely pooost!!!! (So sorry to hear the day wasn't too great on a whole though)....I had to work that evening. :P But I did see a girl come into Michaels with a Firefly inspired costume. Like...she had leg warmers that were the colors of Jayne's hat. lol!

    I love the costumes. The Chloe and Sam ones just...I melted. And Bella's Bucky costume. Huge happy grin over here. I luff the selfie with you and Bella. THAT PICTURE ABOVE YOUR HEAD...IS LIKE MY FAVORITE PAINTING EVER. I wants it. Give it to me. *grabs it like Bucky taking the wheel*

    *cough* Sorry. I'm a bit...unstable right now. Hence the weird comment. Why? NaNo. *FLAILS*

    I'm glad you posted. It like...made me so happy. I miss your posts.

    On another topic...I've never carved a pumpkin in my life. It's pathetic. I need to do it. I keep saying "next year" because I forget until it's too late. Hmph.

    Well...I have 700 words to write. I love the post. You make me very happy.

    *WAVES* BAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII!!!!
    ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you think? FABULOUS!! (hee.... yeah. It was bad. lol.) OOOOOOOOOH I SHOULD DRESS UP AS MAL NEXT YEAR!!! lol.

      Chloe and Sam are so frikken adorable. I giggled so hard when they put on their costumes. lol. Bella was like, "I wanna be Bucky." and I said, "smudge makeup like a zombie wannabee." hahahah. (which picture, Our Lord with the Children or the Edward Blair Leighton one?? I LOVE THEM BOTH.)

      NANOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. lol.

      Really? That's awesome. I shall try to get wifi more often.

      I never carved a pumpkin either. Until this year. And it's FUNNNN.

      GO WRITE.

      BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

      Delete
  2. I just have to say....

    CHLOE AND SAM AS TOOTHLESS AND HICCUP????? WHAT IS THIS CUTENESS???? I CANNOT FATHOM THIS IT IS TOO WONDERFUL. *hugs those cutie patooties*

    Wow. Geez. Can your family get any cuter? XD

    Anyway <3 Sounds like you had a fantabulicious time. I, on the other hand, holed up in my room and watched Flashpoint. WHICH IS ACTUALLY TOTALLY AWESOME BECAUSE FLASHPOINT IS AWESOME. I just finished season two and my goodness, I love all the characters soooo much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW IT WAS SO CUTE I ABOUT DIED BECAUSE ADORABLENESS. LOL. I'll pass the hug along. lol.

      Nah. We're perfect. (*snort*

      We did have a fantabulicious time. OMYGOSH ISN'T FLASHPOINT AMAZING!???/ WE HAZ NO WIFI, SO I'M ONLY ON S2, BUT IT'S AWESOME AND IT'S LIKE AS GOOD AS LEVERAGE AND STUFF AND YEAH, i LOOVE IT.

      Delete
    2. FLASHPOINT IS THE BOMMMMBBBBBB (get Spike over here to defuse it lol XD that was bad). Gosh, though, it's super good. I love the characters. They have such....teamwork chemistry. It's super cool. And it's super clean!!!! That's awesome for a cop show. :-D Heehee I loooove it muchly. And I can't decide who my favorite is.... probably Spike, but I also looove Greg and Eddie and Wordy and Jules and agh. They are all fantastic.

      Delete
    3. IT ISSSSSS. (Spike is adorable. lol.)

      It's amazing!! I love ALL the characters! I FIND IT AWESOME. I LOVE the teamwooooork. yeah, I love everyone, I can't choose either. I LOVE Eddie and Wordy.... and Jules... and yeah everyone.

      Delete
  3. Heh, That was super funny, You are funny.

    PUMPKINS

    NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS WAS SO WEIRD

    "HALLOWEEN IS MY NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!"

    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! THAT MAZE COST LIKE A BIJILLION DOLLARS! I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD'A PUT A DOME OVER THAT THING! NOW I CAN'T EVEN FAKE SUICIDE MYSELF FOR NO REASON!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.