Saturday, April 29, 2017

Music Tag

I was going to do a Picture Saturday, but I haven't had time to draw more than like three things this week, and I feel like I ought to wait until I can give you guys a quality post. (Unless you guys would rather start seeing like... single pictures with more detail? I DON'T KNOW.)

So instead! I'm going to answer a bunch of questions about music, which ought to be fun and interesting. (Because I'm a very interesting person, dang it!)

I promise to have a fun Picture Saturday next week, just you wait! But until then, here we go!



1.) Do you play any instruments?

Well. I don't currently. I used to play French horn in middle school, and I was fairly good, but once I hit high school, that fell to the wayside while I started taking singing classes at the college.

I would really like to learn how to play guitar or piano... or both! So that I could sing and play at the same time, that would be freaking fantastic, am I right?



2.) What is your favorite music genre?

Ehe. I like a lot of different styles of music, depending on my mood. I mean I'll listen to whatever's popular on the radio, and then turn around and listen to full on opera.

But I would have to say that the music that I listen to and it... resonates in my soul... is classical crossover. I like music with full voices, and more skill than your average pop.



3.) Is there a music genre that you absolutely can't stand?

Uugh. I cannot listen to screaming heavy metal. Or rap. Rap is so obnoxious. 
But the kind of "music" where the singer is just screaming into the microphone, I get physically pained, like, "YOU ARE DESTROYING YOUR VOCAL CHORDS! YOU FOOL! NODULES, MAN! NODUUULES."



4.) What is your favorite way to listen to music? (CD, Vinyl, mp3, radio, etc..)

Ohh... either on CD or plugged into my phone. I like it when I can turn on the music and it just absorbs into my bloodstream and I can feel it pulsing inside me. Yassss.



5.) Top three favorite bands/singers?

*facepalm* Probably Il Volo, Josh Groban, and Anthony Warlow. They have this type of tone-quality that make my cold, cold heart go pitter-pat.



6.) What are your three favorite chords?

Ehm, seeing as I don't play any instrument that uses chords, I'm gonna just...

 


7.) What do you think about TV and Movie Soundtracks?
    
 *Pauses Magnificent Seven soundtrack* What?



8.) Ever made a mixed CD?

Hasn't everyone?


9.) The old days of music were the better ones. Do you agree?

I don't know. I think mostly yes? There was a lot more soul in old music than there is now... I mean...

Because you know I'm all about that bass,
'bout that bass, no treble
I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, 
no treble....
I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass..
AD NAUSEAM 
 
But I think some music now is better than music then. I don't know. I think there's good and bad in both ages. I'm kind of under the opinion that we need to stop comparing the different times. Like music changes. Get over it.

this is my new favorite gif.


10.) Have a ever covered a song and recorded it? Which one?

Ehem. Here is a handy-dandy link to my youtube channel where I sing covers. Sometimes. Intermittently. Rarely. But I do sing.




11.) The saddest love song is?

Oh. Ehm. I'm gonna be super cheesy and say "When I Look at You" from The Scarlet Pimpernel Musical, cause... IT HOLDS SPECIAL MEANING TO ME OKAY?

Honorable mentions:
*Happy in my Heartache
*Caruso
*Always Hate Me

I can't chose. There are lots. They are sad. 



12.) The happiest love song is?

*Crazed Treskie laughter* Right at this particular moment I'm going to say, "When You Say You Love Me." By Josh Groban because yes. 

Honorable Mentions:
Be My Forever
Still Fallin'
We Are Love



13.) What makes you like a song?

Typically it starts with the lyrics, then the voice, then the melody.
I can't like music if I don't like the lyrics.
I don't tend to like music if I don't like the singer's voice... like, I'll find a cover or something that is tolerable to my ears. lol. 



14.) What song best represents you?

I sat here and thought about this one for like...a whole three minutes. (That's a very long time, as I am easily distracted.)
Gonna have to say... Let Me In, from Rigoletto, is pretty much me. 




15.) What do you love about music?

Oh man.

Music is something else. Music is like seeing someone's heart and soul. Very few things are as personal and emotional as music.
Music can make you happy, or sad, or wistful.
A single song can bring back a flood of memories from ages and ages ago.
Music can tell stories.
Music communicates things in ways ordinary words and actions can't.
Music connects people.
Music can be a window to someone's soul the same way eyes are.
Music is so powerful.
Music is like a piece of heaven on earth. It's magical and wonderful and absolutely necessary.

They say people who pray with song pray twice.

That's amazing.

Music is amazing.


Alrighty everyone, that's all I have for tonight.

Question Time
Have you heard any of my song suggestions already?
What do you think about music? 
Can you answer three of the tag questions for me? 

I love you all!


6 comments:

  1. A+ gifs! I actually like rap - well, clean rap - because there's often a lot of depth in the lyrics and it takes a lot of skill to be able to sing (if not vocal skill then speed and memory). But I totally agree with you about screaming metal songs. Like, drink some water? Have some honey? Never do that again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love pictures, music Saturday is also nice!

    Have you heard any of my song suggestions already?- I listened to (and liked) Thy Will be Done.
    What do you think about music? - It's powerful: able to enhance, inspire, and encourage. It's a beautiful thing, when used properly. But, like any other language/art, it can be offensive when misused.
    Can you answer three of the tag questions for me? -Let's see:
    5)Rend Collective, Andrew Peterson, and Adam Young!
    7)Great for reading and writing. I'm listening to a soundtrack right now, actually: Braveheart.
    11) Lately I've had Fields of Athenry (as sung by John McDermott) running through my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you!

      Yesss.. I love that song. I relate to it so strongly. :)
      ALSO CORRECT. Ugh, I can't stand it when it's misused, like.. come on guys, this is a gift from God. Stop that.
      1.)Ooh Adam Young has some great lyrics!
      2.) Braveheart has such a gorgeous soundtrack even though the movie was horribly inaccurate lol.
      11.) OOH THE IRISH TENORS. HAVE YOU HEARD "O GRACE" BY ANTHONY KEARNS???

      Delete
  3. Hey. :) so I have been drawing a lot lately, and the pictures are ok. I am getting better at a lot of the parts of drawing a person. but I still can't draw noses or hands! noses take like twenty tries, and even after twenty tries my hands still look like noodles. any advice? :) (so now I scroll through your pictures and I'm just like, "wow, what a beautiful nose she drew." haha.) I appreciate any tips you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hallo!

      Oooh that's awesome! Can I see? *boing boing boing*

      Mmm.. What kind of tips were you looking for? Like hand and nose wise or just in general? (I have oodles of tips)

      Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it's been a crazy week at work. :)

      Delete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.